Food AND Medicine's Partners & Affiliations
Food AND Medicine prioritizes forming collaborations with other organizations in the area, and has strong relationships with too many to list. Below are a few of the organizations with which we have an affiliation or active collaboration.
- Eastern Maine Labor Council, AFL-CIO (EMLC) is the union of unions in Eastern Maine, with 36 affiliates representing over 5000 members. EMLC is affiliated directly with the national AFL-CIO and covers Penobscot, Hancock, Washington and Waldo Counties in Maine. While the two are separate organizations, EMLC and FAM have a unique and close relationship, and co-sponsor several events during the year, including the annual Legislative Breakfast and Labor Day Celebration. EMLC is the owner of the Solidarity Center, which houses FAM's offices.
- Jobs With Justice - FAM is proud to be the Maine coalition of national Jobs with Justice.
- NOLSW, UAW Local 2320 FAM's staff are all members of the National Organization of Legal Services Workers (NOLSW), UAW Local 2320.
- Peer Workforce Navigator Program FAM is proud to house one of, and the first, Maine Peer Workforce Navigator, in partnership with
- Together Place Collaborative - three organizations working together to build community in an area of Bangor with the State's highest overdose rate and highest concentration of poverty. In collaboration with: